Saturday, May 03, 2008

AmazinGrace


So the day before yesterday was Labour Day or else to us non-working students, no-school day. =)
What did I do on that day? I went for the AmazinG[race] organized by my church. It's kinda like the Amazing Races minus the camera crew and Phil Koegen, of course. Reached church by 8.30 with my good budday Wei Lyn supposedly for a briefing but almost no one was there yet. Well then, when everything did start to get a move on, we got into our groups. I found out I would be in Sara's team. =D

Sara (with tongue out) =P

a reluctant wei lyn and I

waiting for the race to start

Then, to decide which team would be leaving first, second and so on, they had a task for us. And what a task it was! They had the team leaders skin & then eat.....'char siu paos'...lol.
Sara had trouble with hers and we settled for the last spot. But no worries, we were determined to catch up. Did I mention we were an all girl team? Well, girl-to-the-power!

char siu pao eating contest


Well, cutting to the chase, the first few minutes in the car with Sara was a pure freak-show! I guess she was just in the high of the game and forgot there were four other human beings in the car with her. She was blaring her horn and almost rammed into a car. So much for action!
Sara: "Fast and the Furious, man!"
Ivy: "Klang Drift!"
=.="

random shot: the Vios Sara was honking at...she was mad...

Wei Lyn with a clue.

Sara helping Michelle out during a task

The race took us all the way up to Subang [Parade] where we spent way past an hour in the freakin' MPH looking for a book which probly did not exist. [or someone wickedly hid] =/
All in all, our team ended up 15th place. Not bad, i guess since we started off last.
Still, I had a great time; running around Subang Parade while people stared at us as if we were maniacs [which we probly were at that time], doing the tasks, train rides, blazing hot sun and the whole lot. =)



So, that's it.
Au revoir?
yeah. see ya.